Tips for taking train to JB ! My First time taking the KTMB train after 9 years!




The KTMB rains have always been a big part of my childhood memories, I guess I can say that I've been taking the trains since I was a baby. Until 2010, that's the last train we took. Following that,  in 2011 the train operations changed and it was rather troublesome for us to travel by train to our annual KL trip. But then.. a few days ago, my cousin and I went to JB by TRAIN! such a nostalgic moment.

If it's your first time to get the KTMB train experience, I'm sure you'd enjoy it!👍



Online booking

The train service that only travels from woodlands to JB is called the Tebrau Shuttle, it's a short 5 min trip but still a "cooler" option than taking the bus.😎😂 Its an easier option too as your passport will be checked for both Singapore and Malaysian entries at the same spot, in woodlands, which means you can skip the horrendous waiting crowd in JB Sentral.

Unless you live in woodlands, you'd prolly be buying online. If you're going to JB by train, you can book your tickets by simply googling tebrau shuttle and click the ktmb link. 

The price paid in MYR : 16 RM
price in SGD is about $5

⭐Tip: You can save the PDF copy of tickets on your phone instead of printing it on paper. They will scan the QR code upon entry. Done that, no probs! Be sure to book early! they sell out fasts! 



Getting to the Train Checkpoint

If GRAB-ing isn't your option, no worries, based on my experience its easier to just drop at Marsilling mrt, take the overhead bridge to bustop opposite and take bus 856,  alight on the third stop.
To be safe just be there 30 minutes before your departure time, there will be a queueWhen you enter, you will be heading to get your passport checked, both Singaporean and Malaysian immigration will be taking place there! 💪

sooooo, as soon as you reach JB you're free to wander ~
Have fun !!💗





Comments

Popular Posts